Jenny and Mike’s wedding came at the end of a whirlwind seven weddings in eight weeks…
I first met Laura and Greg earlier this year, and while we did talk quite a bit about their wedding, what I really wanted to talk about were their awesome jobs: they met as archaeologists working for the same private contractor. Seriously, that's one of the coolest things ever! Fortunately they took time away from their latest dig to tie the knot at Point Sebago on Sebago Lake, and they couldn't have planned for a more perfect day. Laura made for a stunningly beautiful bride (and she's so quietly sweet, too!), and she shone like a jewel against the backdrop of the wooded lakeside lodge. Her wedding party was so much fun to hang with, and Chrissy--you're right up there in the hall of fame of Maids of Honor! <3 (And Joe, if I ever start a Hall of Fame of Best Men, you'd totally lead the pack of inductees!)
I'm so glad I was able to share the day with all of them--enjoy this glimpse into their day! Thank you, Laura and Greg!
- The Venue: The Island Lodge at Point Sebago Resort
- The Coordinator: Ruth York, Point Sebago Resort
- The Dress: The Wedding Store, Andover NJ; Designer: Watters (The Savannah)
- The Cake Artist: Cakes by Debbie, Deborah Hall
- The Florist: Studio Flora, The INCREDIBLY talented Libby, Courtney, and Kelsey (who also moonlit as one of the bridesmaids!)
- The Hair and Makeup Artists: Chic Boutique; Rachel Keene, Jessica Demo, and Shari St. Hilaire
- The DJ: Double Platinum Celebrations, The Awesome Jeremie Roberge (so great to work with you again, Jeremie!)
- Second Shooter Extraordinaire: Jessica Harris
I don't even know where to begin to explain what an incredible day Jess and I working with Delani and Mitchell. Large wedding parties are our forte, and with 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen to lead around, we were totally in our element. Jess had a blast taking the guys on a tour of Mitchell's childhood home, including the site of the treehouse he and his brother used to play in, and the toy train they used to ride on. Meanwhile, I was with the ladies, who were hilarious and fun and immediately made me one of their tribe for the day. But the best part of the entire day was bearing witness to the next chapter in the incredible love story that Delani and Mitchell have written together. Even the sudden showers, causing everything to have to be moved inside at the last minute, couldn't their joy. By the time Jess and I were photographing Mitchell and Delani making their vows to each other, we were crying along with everyone else because we felt like we'd known them forever.
Check out their sneak peek below, and enjoy all the love from their day!
Vendors of Awesomeness
- Wedding Venue and Coordinator: Spring Hill Lodge, Mindy Angell (and I can't say enough about how kind, patient, and hard-working Mindy and the staff at Spring Hill were--and it's a GORGEOUS venue with tons of natural light!)
- Florist: Debbie Cary, Downeast Flowers & Gifts
- Cake Artist: Sara Smith, 3 Sisters Bakery
- DJ: DJ2Clapps, Ben Clapp
- Makeup Artist: Regan Poirier
- The Bride's Hair Artist: Linda Sprague, Statix Salon & Spa
- The Bridesmaids' Hair Artist: Linda Sprague, Kalie Arthur, Danielle Pariseau, and Janelle Gray; Statix Salon & Spa
- The Dress: Marry and Tux Bridal, designed by Essense of Australia
- Bridesmaids Dresses: David's Bridal
- Tuxes: Tuxes and Suits With Style
- Second Shooter Extraordinaire: Jessica Harris
I can't explain just how excited I was to photograph Cheli and Rob's May wedding. First off, we're all friends; in fact, Cheli's stepmom is one of my closest friends, and after photographing Rob's two sisters' weddings, I was excited to complete "The Wareheim Trifecta". On top of that, Cheli was planning a boho-chic kind of theme, unlike anything else I had photographed before. Most of their wedding was accomplished with the help of friends and family, so there are no vendors to thank here, other than my Second Shooter Extraordinaire, Jessica Harris. But watching the day (and the rehearsal the evening prior) unfold through the loving efforts of so many people that really care for Cheli and Rob was incredible, and I'm so honored I was able to be one of those friends, too.
Thanks, guys. <3
It's crazy how incredibly beautiful a wedding put together by friends for friends can be, and that sums up Cheli and Rob's beautiful bohemian chic orchard wedding. Put together over the course of two months on a shoe string budget, everything looks like a million bucks, and it was clear just how much love their friends have for them in their eager willingness to get every detail perfect from the gorgeous flowers to the tent decoration to the china place settings to the seriously delicious finger sandwiches to the beautiful (and also seriously decadent and delicious) cake. Friends with both of them for several years now, it was my pleasure and honor to be a part of their special day, not just as their photographer, but as a friend and guest. It's so hard to choose just a couple of photos for their sneak peek (I can't wait to post the full-size blog soon, and a mini-blog about Cheli's father-daughter dance!!), but I managed it somehow. Enjoy!