I was beyond ecstatic when I checked my email to find an inquiry from Lauren earlier this year: “I don’t know if you remember me, but…”
When I hung up the phone after my first booking appointment with Ali, I thought, "I think I just met my new best friend." That is the kind of person she is: warm and funny and SO easy to hang with. All the way through this process, from that first phone call, through touring the venue and trekking all over the property while the sky was spitting ice at us to scope out First Look possibilities, through her entire awesomely fun wedding day, that never changed, and Jon is a perfect quiet complement to all of Ali's spirited bubbliness (is that a word? It is now!). More on that day later, but for now, enjoy this sneak peek of their July 28th wedding!
- The Venue and Coordinator: York Harbor Inn; Cheyenne Wright (Cheyenne was AMAZING: her passion for her work clearly shows, AND she's so so awesome to work with. I can't say enough great things about how much we loved her! Greg was great, too: very professional and quick to make sure the small details were covered.)
- The Florist: Flowers by the Sea, Patti Gregoire
- The Cake Artist: Let Them Eat Cake, Gayle Forte
- The Makeup/Hair Squad: Bliss Studio, Samantha Clark
- The DJ: TM Productions, Ted Maher
- The Chair Rental: Exeter Events and Tents, Makaylah Johnson
- The Dress: Ve'Lace Bridal Shop, Designer: Eddy K.
- Second Shooter Extraordinaire: Jessica Harris
There is something about the glow of a bride on her wedding day, and surrounded by her team of incredibly beautiful and supportive friends and bridesmaids, Laura was no exception. As she began the preparations for her wedding day, she was calm and happy, and her girls were willing to do anything and everything to help her day go smoothly (There is nothing I love more than a group of amazing bridesmaids!). Enjoy this sneak peek from Laura and Greg's wedding at the beautiful Point Sebago Resort on Sebago Lake!
- The Venue: The Island Lodge at Point Sebago Resort
- The Coordinator: Ruth York, Point Sebago Resort
- The Dress: The Wedding Store, Andover NJ; Designer: Watters (The Savannah)
- The Cake Artist: Cakes by Debbie, Deborah Hall
- The Florist: The INCREDIBLY talented Kelsey Bourret
- The Hair and Makeup Artists: Chic Boutique; Rachel Keene, Jessica Demo, and Shari St. Hilaire
- The DJ: Double Platinum Celebrations, The Awesome Jeremie Roberge (so great to work with you again, Jeremie!)
Liz and Nolan were the first wedding I shot this season, and they also happened to be friends of mine, so when I ran into Liz in Portland this weekend, and she happened to mention she went to show her blog to a co-worker and couldn't find it, I was flummoxed. I ALWAYS do a quick sneak peek blog, and a final longer blog for every wedding I shoot. Later, I checked, and she was right: somehow (probably a result of switching computers and website servers) their blog never posted! So without further ado, I will tell you that Liz and Nolan's wedding was one of my most emotional: Nolan is a ball of mush when it comes to Liz, and their First Look had us all in happy tears. You can see the close bond between them from that moment to the final dance we photographed, and I felt unbelievably privileged to get to be a part of their very special day, on this next chapter of their love story.
Melissa and Mike could not have ordered a better day for their York wedding at the Union Bluff Hotel. The weather was perfect: not too hot, not too cold, and the sun was bright and clean and beautiful. Melissa was incredibly calm as she prepared, and her mom, her aunt, and her soon-to-be-mother-in-law were all there providing a calm support system, too. Her wedding was even more remarkable because Melissa did so many of the details herself: from the table decorations, to the flowers, to the signs, to even painting the bottom of her shoes to reflect her love of all things Disney--if she ever decided to go into Wedding Planning, she'd have an excellent career in front of her! Jess and I had a blast when Melissa and Mike's families all came together after their very sweet First Look--everyone is hilarious, and it's clear the joining of their families means a lot to both sides. Thank you so much for making us feel like we were a part of yours for the day, Melissa and Mike! <3
By the way, the Union Bluff is a spectacular location for a coastal wedding, and I can't say enough about how kind and hard-working all of the staff there is (and how nice they were to Jess and I thoughout the day)!
The Vendors of Awesomeness:
- Wedding Venue and Coordinator: Union Bluff Hotel, Amy Sallese
- Florist: Melissa Lindstrom (Bride Extraordinaire!)
- Cake Artist: Jessie Giles, Wedding Cake Cottage
- DJ: Fred Pappalardo
- Hair Artist: Abby at Harbor Hair
- Makeup Artist: Maureen at Harbor Hair
- The Dress: Marry and Tux Bridal, Maggie Sottero Designs
- The Officiant: Claire Winston-Wade (Claire has an awesome energy, and she was able to bring a crowd of strangers together during the course of her 30-minute ceremony!)
- Second Shooter of Amazingness: Jessica Harris
There is nothing I love more than big weddings with huge wedding parties and lots of family to spare, so I knew going in that Delani and Mitchell's wedding, with ten groomsmen and bridesmaids each and lots of family besides, was going to be epic. On top of that, I'd met them last August when I worked with them on their engagement shoot, and over the course of that session and the coffee we had afterwards, I knew what incredible people they are--the kind of people you feel instantly comfortable with, even though you just met.
Expectations did not disappoint, and I think personally, that Delani outshone the new Duchess of Sussex (who had the nerve to pick the same wedding date!)--she was radiantly happy and calm. I can't wait to tell you more about it in the coming weeks, but for now enjoy this tiny peek into their day! Congratulations, Delani and Mitchell, and thank you for letting Jess and I be the ones to hang with you on this most special of all days!
Vendors of Awesomeness
- Wedding Venue and Coordinator: Spring Hill Lodge, Mindy Angell (and I can't say enough about how kind, patient, and hard-working Mindy and the staff at Spring Hill were--and it's a GORGEOUS venue with tons of natural light!)
- Florist: Debbie Cary, Downeast Flowers & Gifts
- Cake Artist: Sara Smith, 3 Sisters Bakery
- DJ: DJ2Clapps, Ben Clapp
- Makeup Artist: Regan Poirier
- The Bride's Hair Artist: Linda Sprague, Statix Salon & Spa
- The Bridesmaids' Hair Artist: Linda Sprague, Kalie Arthur, Danielle Pariseau, and Janelle Gray; Statix Salon & Spa
- The Dress: Marry and Tux Bridal
- Bridesmaids Dresses: David's Bridal
- Tuxes: Tuxes and Suits With Style
Never ever have I seen a wedding run as smoothly (and ON TIME!) as Melissa and Michael's...and that's even more remarkable given that Melissa did so much of the work herself, from the bouquets to the table settings, to the place cards, to the tutus her three flower girls (flower girls and ring-bearers were the only "wedding party") wore as they walked or rolled down the grassy aisle. And all of it, every detail, was impeccably, beautifully done; Melissa definitely has a career in event planning ahead of her someday!
Beyond how beautiful every detail was, the best thing about Melissa and Mike and their very sweet families was how incredibly easy-going, chill, and kind they all were. It was a privilege and a joy to spend this very special day with them, and I can't wait to share so many more pictures from that day with you! For now, enjoy these few--more are coming; I promise!
Venue: Union Bluff Hotel, The Incredible Amy Sallese, Wedding Coordinator
Hair and Makeup: Harbor Hair, Abby (Hair) and Maureen (Makeup)
Cake Artist: The Cake Cottage, The Beyond Talented Jessie Giles
DJ: DJ Fred, The Always Keeping Us Dancing Fred Pappalardo
The Dress: Marry and Tux Bridal, Maggie Sottero Designs
The Officiant: Savoir Claire: The Fantastic Claire Winston-Wade