I've been waiting excitedly all year for Alexa and Joe's wedding (you may remember them as the couple in the canoe from my Lifestyle-category-voter-winning photo in DownEast Magazine's Reader Photo Contest last year): not only do they have mad chemistry that just puts the squeezes to the coldest heart, but they were getting married in a location I'd never shot, much less had a chance to visit—the foot of Katahdin mountain at the New England Outdoor Center (NEOC). My second shooter, Jess, and I fretted about rain Saturday morning as we drove through downpours on I-95 N, but by the time we arrived, the rain had cleared, and the wind was busy blowing the clouds away from Katahdin's face.
More later...but for now, enjoy this sneak peek from Alexa and Joe's beautiful day!
- The Venue and Coordinator: New England Outdoor Center, and the awesome Shorey Ewing (some of the nicest folks I've ever worked with, and an incredibly beautiful location!)
- The Flowers: Millinocket Floral Shop, Rhonda Little
- The Cake: The Bankery in Skowhegan (Seriously, the BEST birch cake I've ever seen, complete with curling "bark"!)
- The DJ: Maine Made Weddings with Q97.9's own Ryan Gavin (he was SO MUCH FUN!)
- The Dress: Bride N Belle Boutique, Medford, Mass; Designed by Justin Alexander
- The Hair Artist: Salon 241's Rebecca Dee
- The Makeup Artist: Lavonne Morrill, Owner of Estilo Salon in Vancouver, WA
- Second Shooter Extraordinaire: Jessica Harris